Alternative Ambitions

The thought of starting my second post in my blogging experience makes me anxious. As someone who can ramble and ride tangents like their tumbling french hills and I'm the Tour-De-France champion it's important that I put the brakes on, and consider what people actually find interesting to read (and I'm sure it's not this).

Therefore, I painstakingly awaited my next worthwhile inspiration and after my first week of my third period of employment at Topshop, I've found it. Therefore I venture into writing this with sweaty palms.

As someone who automatically chooses to wear monotone colours and Topshop 'Mom' jeans like I'll lose them if I don't, Autumn/Winter is the season for me. So great news for all those like minded people that I just described, we have hit Autumn Winter in Topshop and here's a low down on the trends.

  • Cool, basically...
    Rock the denim on denim with oversized bikers and checks. Add simple twists to basic outfits with knots and sporty layers.
  • Glamour Returns...
    Think stereotypical glamour. Fur coats, clashing textures, coloured knits and my favourite, the knee-high boots are back!
  • Own the night...
    The LBD steals the show in this sex appeal trend. Get a pair of lace-up heels and a sharp tuxedo suit or an all black co-ord and you'll be strutting down the runway. 

Heading into my new perspective on life I'll be embracing little bits of each of these trends and mixing it up whilst also maintaining some Winter Garden florals, blue denim and corduroy. To see how you can get involved and be perfectly on trend, take a look at these 5 must-buys for Autumn Winter 15.

Photographer: James White
Stylist: Julia Brenard
Topshop.com

To conclude this post here's a list of my ambitions for the next 'x' months (a timescale is too much pressure). I'm writing them down here so I'm publicly shamed if I don't complete them.
  1. Purchase a Samsung NX3000 + flash unit.
  2. Purchase new clothes in the style I'm aiming for (not a clue what this is exactly).
  3. Look 'trendy' on my holiday (not sure about this either).
  4. Get my Maya Angelou/Dr Woo tattoo. 
  5. Learn to cook at least two more meals in addition to my breaded chicken extravaganza. 
  6. Learn to bake at least two desserts, one being my Mum's infamous apple crumble. 
  7. Go to Rome.
  8. Continue to go to the gym and achieve at least 1% of my Emily Skye's body. 
  9. Treat myself to two more things on my wish list. 
  10. Visit two more of the eateries on my 'eateries to visit' list.
  11. Purchase good Christmas presents.
  12. Go on more scenic walks and enjoy my surroundings.
  13. Attend more free cultural events in Liverpool.
  14. Find new music that I can fan girl over (1D split hit me hard) and attend more gigs.
  15. Wallpaper the blank wall in our flat. 
  16. Attempt to celebrate my best friend and boyfriends birthdays just as much as they did mine (matching up to this will be a mean feat!). 
I'll be back with updates soon. 

Here's to being happy.

@laurenhawke

0 comments:

Post a Comment