Design in the Galaxies and beyond...

What is the Future of Fashion Design...?

3D Printed Technology from My Modern Met.com

What a question to be answered. It's a biggie and I'm not sure it can be done with just words on a blog post or approached as a whole. What stage of design are we talking about, are we discussing manufacturing design, CAD design, or simply putting pen to paper and coming up with the design idea itself?

With all these questions unanswered before we even begin to slam dunk this mammoth subject in a blog post, I thought I would approach this a little differently. I asked myself, as a consumer, what do I want? What would I want the latest big name to design for me? What would I want to see in a glass box at the front of Selfridges or Macy's with the words 'NEW' or 'MUST HAVE' branded across it.

So here it is. My practical but hypothetical idea of what I would design in collaboration with my favourite brands if I had all the resources in the world available to me.

My X Herschel - a Future Design idea by Lauren Hawke, presented in a video, because there's not enough words (or attention span!).


In summary, brands must consider the consumer. We can innovate ourselves up to our eyeballs with 3D printed trainers, the self-heating cocktail dress or the health monitoring, emotion reading, organic, naturally-reared camel wool jumper but will it ever last? The answer is yes, but only if it meets our needs - SPEED, TIME, VALUE - something for brands to not only consider but live by as they move forward into the Design Galaxy of tomorrow year.

This blog post is a part of Blogging Competition organised by CGTrader - www.cgtrader.com/blogging-contest

Here's to being happy. 

@laurenhawke

0 comments:

Post a Comment