New Chapters


My fave time of year, the Autumn chill, wooly hats and new coats. But you wouldn't think it looking at my outfit above. This was my farewell to summer outfit for my Mum's 50th birthday meal, dress by Zara, tshirt and boots by Topshop. This Zara dress is an absolute dream, encapsulating the velvet trend we've seen across the fashion weeks in the last month as well as the slip dress fantasia that everyone has gone mad for recently. It's definitely a staple piece taking me through to Winter this year.



Speaking of new coats, this is mine for this A/W16, a long length premium woollen duster from Topshop. I wanted to avoid what is usual for me and step away from the ever lasting black, with a key colour throughout the athleisure and army trend this year, this forest green caught my eye. Don't get me wrong, this won't be my only coat this Winter. I'm reworking an Urban Outfitters long length puffer bomber from two years ago (sinful I know?!), check it out on my Instagram veeeeery soon. 




Talking of reworking, this is going to be my promise to my ethical and sustainable self. I've been feeling guilty about all those clothes in my wardrobe that never rotate to the top of the pile so I've made a vow. I will always try to wear something I haven't worn in a while and reinvent all the things that probably feel like they're no longer wanted. This will hopefully mean that all my clothes get worn, I establish which items desperately need to be put out for recycling and my shopping habit should get healthier. I'm not going to lie and tell you I'll stop buying new altogether! 

Therefore, theme of the season... reinvention. 

Not only of my outfits, but also of myself! As I step back into education after two years of fully responsible adultness I'm heading to the Manchester Fashion Institute to study a Master's. I hear alarm bells screaming "what am I doing?!" but two weeks in, I'm loving it. Wish me luck!



Here's to being happy.

@laurenhawke

0 comments:

Post a Comment