LFW to the High Street

The words on everyone's lips in the Fashion World this week are... London Fashion Week and New York Fashion Week. Anyone who is anyone is there and if you're not, you want to be there.

After following the Fashion Week's on all possible media channels, I have one word for you, Burberry.

Poppy Delevingne summarised the show perfectly in a business term - the Midas Touch. For me, Burberry captured the correct ratio of ambitious fashion with every day wearable products. As a regular shopper I was inspired by the AW15 collection, I gained my alternative fix to my regular wardrobe whilst also being able to realistically imagine myself wearing the designs (although, this is obviously and completely in my dreams!).

Michael Kors also achieved perfection when they shared their desirable designs from NYFW with #AllAccessKors.

@michaelkors Instagram, Spring Studio

I don't know about you but I can totally see myself in this roll neck jumper and drape coat?!

On the other hand, there are some designers whose High Street transferability can be questioned. This is not a criticism or something to be seen as negative, it is simply a question of purpose. Gareth Pugh's display of Disco Inferno was extremely alternative, with his models sporting masks that featured thick blue brows and vibrant fros, labelling the look 'Skitsodisco'.

@graziauk Instagram
@graziauk Instagram

Although, inspired by the above look, I can imagine a ribbed strapless body and red sequin shorts appearing in Topshop's 'Wild One' trend soon. However, I'll stick to the Michael Kors comfy look!

Speaking of Topshop, I thoroughly and genuinely enjoyed their 2015 Unique Show. Their friendly and welcoming approach to fashion whilst also fitting perfectly into LFW's disposition is skilful. Topshop Unique diminshied any ideas of the workwear trend disappearing as they opened with a variety of tailoring looks, showcasing just how feminine this can be.

 

Not only is a suit a necessity this season but to be on point Topshop have told us you're going to need flirty tea dresses, embellished bomber jackets, colourful chunky cable knits, ruffle high neck blouses, faux fur accessories (including stilettos!), asymmetric lines, skinny belts and the staple denim skirt.

 

 


Below are a few other looks I loved at this year's LFW, my keen eye will be watching how they transfer onto the High Street and when and where I can get them. 

@graziauk Instagram Versus Versace
@publicdesire Instagram, Lulu Lui
Here's to being happy.

@laurenhawke

0 comments:

Post a Comment