Winter Wonders

I haven't blogged in a while, I don't really have an explanation as to why. Maybe I haven't had much to say, but just like the X43 bus from Rawtenstall to Manchester, all my blogging inspo has come at once and there's a lot going on in Lauren's world.

To start, I'll keep things light hearted and on topic. It's that time of year again, when the 16 jumpers and 12 cardigans in my wardrobe become the only thing to wrap around my shoulders. However, it's 2015 and I've been in 4 jobs, travelled to 4 new countries, ticked off at least 4 things on my ambitions list (more details to follow), started a blog and got a boyfriend (a year on and it still hasn't sunk in). I think it's only fair that I give staying fashionable in Winter a good go (and not looking homeless).

As the number 4 seems to be a trend throughout this blog post, here are 4 key pieces that I am wearing this winter (yes, 2 of them are jumpers - but at least they aren't plain and of course they're all from Topshop).




       

The jumpers are timeless. Partner the first with high waisted jeans (flare, skinny, mom) and the second with denim/corduroy skirts, put either with trainers or boots and you look like you've made an effort with no effort required.

However the jumpsuit is my fave! It's velvet and therefore looks premium. It can be dressed up with heels or dressed down with ankle boots and a t-shirt underneath but best of all, it feels like you're wearing pyjamas.

To finish, these awkward length pleated trousers are a must have. Available in black, navy blue and silver, they are a timeless piece that can be dressed up with a sparkly sequin top and dressed down with a cropped jumper, and most importantly (of course this is the most important thing to me) they are as comfy as my fab new unicorn slippers.

As these all come from Topshop, they are fab value for money (even without staff discount). What more could you want?!

To follow, prepare for an emotional filled cliché 'goodbye 2015' post.

Here's to being happy.

@laurenhawke

0 comments:

Post a Comment